Casa Rio Frio
Casa Rio Frio is an amusingly unconventional house on stilts for friends to gather and enjoy! Fun eclectic decor: from bear rugs and antiques to road signs and Texas flag tables. This property is situated in a prime tubing area with 100 feet of river frontage. You can start your float here near 1120 river crossing. The house is located three miles north of Garner State Park, in Rio Frio, Texas.
Bird sightings along the river here: Kestrel, Owl, Swallows, Green kingfisher, Belted kingfisher, Vermillion fly-catcher, Green Jay and more.
On the Frio River
Washer & Dryer
Wildlife & Birding
• Downstairs: Master bedroom with king-size bed; 1 full bathroom
• Loft has 2 large bedroom areas separated by ½ bath & closet wall
• Loft has 2 queen beds, 2 double beds, 2 single day beds with 2 single trundles
• Outdoor bathroom and shower
• Large open dining/kitchen & living area with 2 sofas
• Kitchen has refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, stove/oven
• AC/Heat system, plus window units & ceiling fans
• Gas Fireplace, washer/dryer
• Stereo has AM/FM & CD player, New Satellite TV & DVD, telephone
• Wood/charcoal BBQ grill & Propane BBQ grill (propane furnished), picnic table & outside tables
• Hammock, Washer & Horseshoe pitching courts, Campfire ring, Deer feeder (for wildlife watching)
We leave one roll of toilet paper in each bathroom and one trash bag in each can. Bring Extra.
What to bring:
• Bath towels, wash rags, hand towels, river towels
• Extra toilet paper and extra trash bags – 13 gal. for kitchen and 39 gal. for outside cans
• Your groceries and supplies: salt, pepper, sugar, paper towels, coffee, filters, dish soap, dishwasher soap, and laundry detergent
• Bath articles: shampoo, bath soap, hand soap, etc.
• Flashlight, batteries, matches, lighter fluid, charcoal for grill, firewood for fireplace and campfire (please do not use wood cut from trees that died from Live Oak Decline)
• Stereo, camera, binoculars, bug spray, sun block, river chairs, river shoes, Fishing License, black oiled sunflower seeds for bird feeder, sugar to make nectar for hummingbird feeder (1 cup of sugar)
*Beer, wine and liquor is sold in Leakey. No alcohol is sold in Utopia, Rio Frio, or Concan.
**If traveling from out of state, plane, or bike: Towels available upon advance request at no extra charge. Please let us know at least two days ahead of time.
The cell towers here are AT&T, so only AT&T cell phones work here. Even then, cell service can be spotty driving through the hills. Casa Rio Frio has a house phone, so please provide that to your family or friends for emergency. Bring a calling card to make long distance calls from the house phone.
Available Summer Months Only
May 1 through September 30
Summer MonthsMay 1 through September 30
- $10.00 each extra person per night; children 1 year & under are free.
- 4 night minimum.
- 2 night minimum during May (until Memorial Weekend) and September after Labor Day.
- $475 refundable deposit to hold your reservation. This will be deducted from your Balance Due, when you check-in. If your party is 10 or more, your deposit will be refunded after your stay, if no damages or policies broken.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our guests do the talking!
what a fantastic place to get away for a few days! I have stayed at Casa Rio Frio a few times with friends over the years. Great folks, clean cabins, and the Frio River a short walk across the road! I cannot wait to go back!!
We sure had a nice time at Casa Rio Frio. It was different from “usual” vacations or weekends, and I commend you on how clean and well kept it is! I would highly recommend it to anyone and whoever does go there is lucky indeed. All the arrangements were smoothly handled which is great. It was a pleasure to meet your son, who greeted us so well and was such a nice fellow. God Bless you all and I hope we’ll be able to do it again sometime.
Casa Rio Frio
830 966 2320
Rio Frio. Address: 5181 FM 1050
5 miles from Garner State Park.
Get In Touch
Send us a message