Downstairs Only: Sleeps 12
Bluebird Hill has everything needed for an adventurous and relaxing vacation! The beautiful free-form swimming pool with a waterfall will relax your stresses away. This property is on Blanket Creek, which is seasonal and great for wading and catching tadpoles.
This home is sitting on Indian Blanket Ranch, a 250 acre ranch, which has Bluebird Nestbox Nature Trails for bird watching, hiking, jogging, and mountain bicycling. There are six benches spread out on the ranch for viewing wildlife and nature photography. Relax in the hammock, hot tub, or pool, after a fulfilling day of hiking or cycling the trails.
It is located 10 miles west of Utopia, Texas and five minutes east of Garner State Park and the Frio River. This property is close enough for tubing and river fun, yet far enough away for privacy.
5 miles to Frio River
Washer & Dryer
Downstairs Amenities Include: Sleeps 12 (14 with two foam mattresses)
• 3 Bedrooms: 2 kings & 1 queen
• Library room: 1 queen sofa bed
• Sunroom: single bed, 1 queen sofa bed
• Fireplace window bed: short single mattress
• 2 full baths with tubs & showers
• Fully furnished Kitchen, dishwasher, toaster, microwave, crock pot, blender, mixer, on counter double burner
• Central Heat & Air, Ceiling fans, Fireplace, Washer/Dryer, Iron & board
• 52” Satellite TV / DVD & Ping Pong table in Sunroom
• 25” Satellite TV/DVD/VCR in living room, Wi-Fi
• 3 patios & 2 decks with tables & chairs
• BBQ grill & Picnic table in back yard by deck overlooking the seasonal (dry or wet) creek
• Hot Tub & Rock Campfire Ring in Backyard
• Propane Campfire table on front patio
We leave one roll of toilet paper in each bathroom and one trash bag in each can. Bring Extra.
What to bring:
• Bath towels, wash rags, hand towels, river towels
• Extra toilet paper and extra trash bags – 13 gal. for kitchen and 39 gal. for outside cans
• Your groceries and supplies: salt, pepper, sugar, paper towels, coffee, filters, and dish detergent for dishwasher
• Bath articles: shampoo, bath soap, hand soap, and laundry soap for washer
• Flashlight, batteries, matches, lighter fluid, charcoal for grill, firewood for fireplace and campfire (please do not use wood cut from trees that died from Live Oak Decline)
• Stereo, camera, binoculars, bug spray, sun block, river chairs, river shoes, Fishing License, black oiled sunflower seeds for bird feeder, sugar to make nectar for hummingbird feeder (1 cup of sugar)
*Beer, wine and liquor is sold in Leakey. No alcohol is sold in Utopia, Rio Frio, or Concan.
**If traveling from out of state, plane, or bike: Towels available upon advance request at no extra charge. Please let us know at least two days ahead of time.
**Please Note** The cell towers here are AT&T, so only AT&T cell phones work here. Even then, cell service can be spotty driving through the hills. Bluebird Hill has a house phone, so please provide that to your family or friends for emergency. Bring a calling card to make long distance calls from the house phone.
Fall, Winter, and Springexcluding holidays
- $10.00 each extra person per night; children 1 year & under are free.
- 2 night minimum.
- $300 refundable deposit to hold your reservation. This will be deducted from your Balance Due, when you check-in. If your party is 10 or more, your deposit will be refunded after your stay, if no damages or policies broken.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our guests do the talking!
Hi LeAnn, First of all, I just wanted to say that we had another wonderful time at Bluebird Hill. Your mother’s house is fascinating, filled with such character and life. One of our women wanted to write a letter to her expressing that sentiment. If you think she would appreciate it, please do let us know, and we would love to write such a communication to her, thanking her for creating such a beautiful place. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know that we appreciate it being one of the offerings of Rio Frio Lodging.Kimberlyn: San Antonio, TX
Grounds and Indian Blanket Ranch
830 966 2320
Rio Frio. Address: 5181 FM 1050
5 miles from Garner State Park.
Get In Touch
Send us a message